2016 Whiskey Resolutions
The beginning of a new year is like turning over a new leaf or beginning a new chapter in your life or any other clever idioms your mom told you as a child. It is a time to reevaluate how the past year went and brainstorm ideas on how to make this new year better. And it really is the perfect time to do this because if you’re lucky, you took the holidays to recharge and are ready to kick 2016’s ass. If you spent your holidays in a sleepless frenzy hosting relatives or desperately waiting for the kids to go back to school, then the next Old Fashioned is on us. Anyways, as we all know, with every new year comes new resolutions. Some of us are better at sticking to them than others. But, lucky for you, we at Lost Republic think we have come up with a foolproof system to make sure sticking to your resolutions is as easy and painless as possible. You see, we’re into keeping our new year’s resolutions simple and enjoyable – which is why our resolutions are all about really embracing the spirit of whiskey and all of the great things it stands for.
- Learn how to properly pair your whiskey with your food. Yeah, we know that everyone and their mom knows how to pair wine with their meals, but if you really want to impress people, take it up a notch and learn how to pair each meal with the perfect whiskey cocktail. Seriously, this resolution alone will significantly improve your new year (while also making you feel like a modern-day Don Draper, which doesn’t hurt either).
- Cook with whiskey more. Speaking of food… why just drink whiskey when you can eat it too? Those Pioneers that took our advice on Thanksgiving know what we’re talking about. You can incorporate whiskey into almost any recipe – pork, potatoes, even ice cream.
- Try out new cocktails. This one’s easy – check out our Modern Pioneer blog every Wednesday for our featured Whiskey Wednesday cocktail. We do pretty much everything but stir the cocktail for you. Oh, and you can usually pick up a few interesting factoids about the history of the drink if you’re enjoying it with guests.
- Stop spending time in sub par places and make the places count. Life is simply too short to hang out in shitty bars eating shitty eats. And we’re not talking about your favorite dive bar, cuz that place is awesome. Take the time and do your research. For example, utilize our “Where to Find Us” tab on our website for some of California’s best bars and restaurants. If you’re not finding Lost Republic where you are, then you aren’t in the right place.
- Drink better. Short and sweet. The days of chugging Evan Williams in your college dorm room are over. You can afford (and deserve) to have a wet bar fully stocked with finely crafted bourbons and whiskeys now. So stock up on Lost Republic next time you’re out shopping – you’ll be a better person for it.
Well, there you have it – our 2016 Whiskey Resolutions. Not too difficult right? We encourage you to join us in our efforts to truly live the whiskey spirit this year – if we all do it together, maybe we’ll be able to keep up our efforts past the end of January for a change.