Why You Should Always Go For the Whiskey Lover
You can tell a lot about a person by their drink of choice.
Beer drinkers are most likely found huddled around the keg in the corner shooting the shit about sports and the like – aka horribly predictable. Wine drinkers are the “cool kids” of the group – whispering snide remarks about everyone in the room, sneaking furtive glances hoping that nobody can tell that the only reason they are the way they are is because they’re so depressingly insecure with themselves. Tequila drinkers are… well, you get the hint.
But there is something different about a whiskey drinker. When I hear someone order whiskey at the bar, I am instantly more captivated by them. They just seem more fascinating, sophisticated, and enigmatic. You just know that someone who drinks whiskey has got their head on straight. So, in honor of Valentine’s Day this weekend, we at Lost Republic wanted to make sure you were spending the special day with someone who deserves your attention – a fellow whiskey drinker, of course.
Therefore, we present to you the five reasons why you should always go for the whiskey lover…
- They have a taste for the finer things. Whiskey lovers aren’t shooting back shots left and right. They sip their whiskey, slow. The whiskey aficionado doesn’t drink just to get drunk, they drink because they appreciate the fine craftsmanship of a good spirit. You can bet they apply the same standards to people they date.
- They can hold their liquor. There are very few things worse than going to dinner with someone just to have them get absolutely sloshed before the entree even comes. It isn’t cool to have to constantly apologize to the people around you for your guest’s aggressiveness and utter disregard for their surroundings. Therefore, if you are looking for a serious partner, it’s important they can hold their liquor, especially if you pride yourself on being a social person. So take note. If they are already slurring their words after half a shot of vodka, you might want to rethink things. However, if they order a whiskey neat, it’s time to take things to the next level.
- They’re straight shooters. As we mentioned earlier, whiskey drinkers have their heads on straight. They’re mature. They don’t want to waste anyone’s time, so there won’t be any guessing games with these guys and gals. The whiskey lover will always tell you what’s on their mind and are always straight to the point.
- They’re strong. There is something to be said about people who walk straight up to the bar, order a whiskey neat, and tells the bartender to “keep ‘em coming”. This act shows confidence – lots of it. Whiskey lovers are comfortable with themselves. They know what they want and have no problem making it happen.
- They’re badass. This one’s pretty obvious… who doesn’t love a little wild streak in their significant other?
Image via: www.goodmenproject.com
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to suck. Spend it with the right person and a bottle of your favorite California whiskey and we guarantee you won’t be feeling any Valentine’s Day blues on Sunday.